Rental Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is required for a deposit?
To reserve a boat we require a $100.00 non-refundable deposit.
2. Is there a security deposit required?
At the time of the rental we take a $500.00 damage deposit on your credit card.
3. Is insurance included?
The boats are covered for liability and theft. Any damage is the
responsibility of the renter. Customers who would like coverage can
explore the following options.
- Contact your insurance company
to see if they can add coverage for the duration of the rental as a
rider on your existing policy.
- Check with your credit card company to see if there is any coverage available.
4. Do I need a boating license?
Everyone operating a power driven vessel in Canada has to have proof
of competency. Currently all renters either must complete a Rental
Boat Safety Checklist which acts as a temporary boating license for the
duration of the rental or have their PCOC card with them while operating
the rental vessel.
5. What are the hours of the rental?
Rentals begin at approximately 9:30a.m. on the first date of the
rental and must be returned by 4:30pm on the rental return date. A
$2/minute fee will be charged to all rentals that arrive back after the
6. What equipment comes with the boat?
Fenders and mooring lines are provided with each boat to provide
protection to the boats exterior. Also included is all required safety
equipment to ensure the boat is legal.
These items are as follows:
- safety heaving line
- fire extinguisher
- adult size life jackets equivalent to the maximum capacity of the boat
- children's life jackets are added at no additional charge according to the size that is required
7. What about delivery?
Since we are not located on the water, all of our boats are
available on trailers. If trailering is not an option for you, we will
deliver the boat to one of the two nearby public launches (Pigeon Lake
and Sturgeon Lake) at no additional charge. If you require delivery to a
different location we would be happy to provide you with a quote.